The MTA's Small Business Federal Program (SBFP)
The MTA seeks to facilitate and encourage the participation of small businesses, including Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) by providing a supportive framework for eligible firms to develop and grow within the construction industry and to establish stable, long-term business relationships with the MTA.
For federally-funded projects, the three-year Small Business Federal Program (SBFP) includes:
- Business Plan Development
- Access to working Capital and Insurance
- Bond Assistance Program
- Experience working on MTA contracts up to $3 million
- Fast-Track Payments
Small Business Federal Program – Qualification Requirements
In order to participate in MTA’s SBFP, a firm must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be pre-qualified to do business with the MTA
- Provide at least two references for commercial work – valued at no less than $500,000 in every trade for which it wishes to be qualified.
- Have been in business for at least one year.
- Owner must not have a net worth (excluding primary residence) exceeding $1.32 million.
- Have an annual earnings cap of $5 million/year averaged over the last 3 years.
- Be capable (with MTA assistance) of being bonded for up to $3 million.
How Do Firms Get Work?
Once you have received your pre-qualification approval letters, you are eligible for participation in the Program.You will be invited to attend an assessment session at which your company’s strengths and weaknesses will be identified to assist you.Opportunities for bidding on MTA work will be dependent upon the availability of work in the trades for which you qualify.
Information and contact persons
For SBFP criteria or information on how to apply:
- Please call Aimee Howell at 212-878-4755 or Wayne Cummings at 212-878-4757; or email MTA SBFP: firstname.lastname@example.org
For SBDP training or information on how to apply:
- Please call Zenaida Chape at 646-252-1391; or email: ZCHAPE@mtahq.org
To contact MTA's SBFP Manager:
- Please call Amil Patel at 212-878-4723, or email: AMPATEL@mtahq.org
- Google Translate