Procurement Open House
MTA NYC Transit, the largest public transit organization in North America, moves over 1.6 billion riders annually and spends billions of dollars each year procuring a wide variety of goods and services. NYC Transit is hosting an Open House seeking purchasing, service contract and construction contract professionals to fill various openings in several Procurement groups.
Date: Monday, February 11, 2013
Time: 2 PM – 6 PM
Location: 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
We are eager to meet Procurement professionals who have experience in:
- Purchasing goods and services on behalf of client departments, which will involve drafting, soliciting, negotiating and awarding contracts through a formal Bid process or a Request for Proposal process.
- Awarding and negotiating engineering and construction contracts and change orders.
- Placing orders in response to inventory forecasts.
- Preparing related documents and analyses.
- Providing consultation to client departments for the planning of procurement activities, procurement methods, justifications and schedules.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting data.
- Conducting market surveys and review vendor qualifications.
- Experience in large-scale public procurements for goods and services is a plus. Attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication, and superior presentation skills are vital.
All applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree. Three years of experience in the procurement/purchasing/contract field is preferred.
MTA NYC Transit offers promotional opportunities, challenging work assignments, comprehensive benefits package and competitive public-sector compensation.
If you are unable to attend or are viewing this ad after February 11, 2013, or to learn about our employment opportunities go to: www.mta.info, click on Job Postings, click on Agree, select MTA NYC Transit and search for:
- Job Requisition: Staff Analyst Series, Job ID 75799
- Job Requisition: Associate Staff Analyst, Job ID 75794
- Job Requisition: Contract/Purchasing Supervisor, Job ID 75790
- Job Requisition: Manager - Postings for Managerial openings will be forthcoming. Please check the website periodically.
All attendees must bring current photo IDs.
MTA NYC Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.