New MetroCard Fares — Effective March 3, 2013
|New Fare Information||About the $1 New Card Fee||Ways to Save||Grace Periods||Refunds|
|MetroCards Sold at Merchants||Sign up for EasyPay Xpress||New: Add time and value to your Metrocard|
|Base Fare – $2.50
Subway and Local Bus (Reduced-Fare $1.25)
Express Bus – $6.00
(Reduced-Fare $3.00 off-peak only)
|7-Day Unlimited – $30
7-Day Express Bus Plus – $55
|30-Day Unlimited – $112|
An additional 5% is added to your MetroCard with the purchase or addition of $5 or more.
Single Ride ticket – $2.75
|Fee for purchase of a new MetroCard – $1
Fee applies to each new MetroCard purchased at station booth, vending machine or commuter rail station.
Effective March 3, 2013, a $1.00 fee will be charged for each new MetroCard purchased at a MetroCard Vending Machine or station booth, or commuter rail station.
- Avoid this fee by keeping and refilling your current MetroCard at any MVM or station booth.
- You will be issued a new MetroCard at no charge if your card is expiring or damaged.
- The new $1.00 charge will not apply to a MetroCard bought at an out-of-system vendor, reduced fare customers (seniors and customers with disabilities), users of EasyPayXpress cards, transit benefit organization customers who get their MetroCard directly from employers or their benefit providers, and customers who purchase a combination railroad/MetroCard ticket.
|Number of Rides||Refill/Buy this Card||Cost
||Your cost per ride|
|Fewer than 13||Pay-Per-Ride ($5.25 value with 5% bonus)||$5||
|13 trips per week
20 trips per week
25 trips per week
|48 trips per month
50 trips per month
60 trips per month
Express Bus Rider
|7-Day Express Bus Plus||$55||
Occasional Express Bus Rider
($10.50 value with 5% Bonus)
All cards purchased prior to the March 3 fare change must be activated by March 11 to get the full days of unlimited rides.
|7-Day Unlimited Ride MetroCard||
March 17, 2013
|7-Day Express Bus Plus||
March 17, 2013
April 9, 2013
For unused Unlimited Ride MetroCards purchased prior to the March 3, 2013 fare change, refunds will be made at the purchase price. For partially used Unlimited Ride MetroCards purchased prior to the March 3 fare increase, refunds will be made on a pro-rated basis. Ask for a postage-paid envelope from your bus operator, at the station booth, or download the form at mta.info and mail it to us with your card.
Get the MetroCard that Refills Automatically
Sign up for EasyPayXpress MetroCard at www.easypaymetrocard.com
- Use your credit or debit card to sign up (tax-free benefit cards also accepted)
- Choose Pay-Per-Ride or 30-Day Unlimited Ride
- Your MetroCard will refill automatically
- View your account online
- And, there is no loss to you if your card is lost or stolen.
- Google Translate