Press Conference - June 11, 2009
2009 U.S. Open Train Service
June 15 - 21, 2009
U.S. Open Championship
Bethpage State Park (Black Course)
Farmingdale, New York
Farmingdale Train Station
Play has been extended for Monday, June 22 due to weather conditions.
The MTA Long Island Rail Road is pleased to offer service to the 2009 U.S. Open Championship at Bethpage State Park. Extra trains are being provided to the LIRR’s Farmingdale Station for the U.S. Open during the entire week of the Championship, June 15-21, 2009. The USGA, in cooperation with Long Island Bus, will provide free bus service directly to the U.S. Open from the Farmingdale Station.
- WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THE PURCHASE OF ROUND-TRIP TICKETS PRIOR TO BOARDING YOUR TRAIN TO THE OPEN; LIRR CUSTOMERS MUST HAVE A VALID TRAIN TICKET TO BOARD THE BUSES AT FARMINGDALE STATION
- WHEN CHANGING TRAINS, REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR TICKET WITH YOU
- PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE USGA LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS BELOW (WHICH INCLUDES CELL PHONES)
Service to the U.S. Open via Farmingdale Station
| U.S. Open Golf Service,
June 20-21, 2009
|To Long Island||To New York City|
| U.S. Open Golf Service,
Monday, June 22, 2009
|To Long Island||To New York City|
Three extra weekend trains have been added to our schedule as follows:
From New York to Farmingdale
|Penn||4:54 AM||5:22 AM||Change at Jamaica|
|Woodside||5:06 AM||5:34 AM||Change at Jamaica|
|Flatbush||4:54 AM||4:54 AM||Change at Jamaica|
|Jamaica||5:20 AM||5:50 AM|
|Mineola||5:33 AM||6:03 AM|
|Hicksville||5:42 AM||6:12 AM|
|Farmingdale||5:51 AM||6:21 AM|
From Ronkonkoma to Farmingdale
|Central Islip||5:18 AM|
|Deer Park||5:27 AM|
From New York City and points west: LIRR train service to Farmingdale Station, on the Ronkonkoma Branch, will depart from Penn Station, Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola and Hicksville stations. Connecting service (transfer required) will be available from Brooklyn, Forest Hills, and Kew Gardens.
From Long Island and points east: Customers traveling to the Open from eastern Long Island will be provided with direct service to Farmingdale from other Ronkonkoma Branch Stations including Wyandanch, Deer Park, Brentwood, Central Islip and Ronkonkoma.
See our System Map, click on a station or visit our stations page to view driving directions, ticket sales and parking information, etc. There will be no parking at Farmingdale or Bethpage stations. Please note that handicap parking is limited to 10 spaces on the north side at Farmingdale Station during the Open.
Other Transfer Points - Though trains will not have direct connections, and wait times will vary, transfers can be made at the stations noted below from the following branches (when transferring, please remember to take your ticket):
- Port Washington - Woodside*
- Far Rockaway - Jamaica*
- Hempstead - Jamaica*
- Long Beach - Jamaica*
- West Hempstead - Jamaica*
- Oyster Bay - Mineola
- Port Jefferson - Hicksville
- Babylon, Montauk and many Port Jefferson Branch customers may want to drive to Ronkonkoma Branch stations; please note that parking is limited on weekdays.
*Peak Tickets Required: On weekdays, customers traveling via Woodside or Jamaica from 6-10 AM westbound, or 4-8 PM eastbound are traveling during peak periods and must may the PEAK fare. These customers SHOULD NOT USE the special Round Trip US Open button on ticket machines. Instead, select Round Trip, then st ations of travel, and then Peak.
Farmingdale Village Information
Stop by and enjoy all the amenities Farmingdale Village has to offer, including US Open Week entertainment "On the Green" on Main Street. Located just a short walk from our train station, visitors can find specialty shops, great restaurants and a host of services to meet every need. Visit the Farmingdale Village or Farmingdale Chamber of Commerce websites for listings and information. A FREE TROLLEY will be available on Saturday and Sunday, June 20 and 21 for US Open ticket holders from/to the train station, making stops along Main Street between 6:30 AM - 7PM.
Fares to Farmingdale Station - Zone 7
- Buy tickets before boarding; tickets purchased on-board cost more.
- Fares increased June 17; tickets purchased before that date are still valid.
- Children under 5 ride free; up to four children 5-11 ride for $1.50 round-trip each (Family Fare).
Look for this Special Button when Using Ticket Machines
- Use to purchase round-trip tickets only
- Use regular home screen for all other ticket types
- Farmingdale is the LIRR station for service to the U.S. Open. Customers will pass through Security andboard buses for the short ride to the Open.
- Purchase round trip tickets before boarding trains at LIRR ticket machines or at staffed LIRR ticket windows; tickets cost more on-board.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance through WebTicket. Tickets are delivered in 3-5 business days - save 5% and postage is free.
- No bicycles will be permitted on U.S. Open trains.
- Do NOT drive to Farmingdale Station - no parking is available.
- Listen to train station announcements regarding track and platform changes.
- On your return trip, please allow adequate time to walk to the shuttle bus stop for the trip to Farmingdale Station. Tickets will be collected before boarding. Allow more time if you have to pick up an item from Security.
- Trains will leave promptly at scheduled departure times.
- Be sure to use extra caution when boarding and exiting your train and remember to step over the gap.
- For additional
information visit www.usopen.com.
Spectators, volunteers and staff will not be allowed on the shuttle buses or through an Admission Gate with any of the items listed below. People bringing these items to the station will be required to wait on an additional line in order to leave these items at a security station. Neither the LIRR or the USGA will be responsible for personal items left at the security station. You are therefore strongly urged not to bring any of these items on your trip. Please be sure to read the following list of prohibited items carefully:
- No Cell Phones (including cell phones with photographic capabilities)
- No PDAs and/or other Portable Email Devices
- No Noise Producing Electronic Devices (including MP3 Players)
- No Cameras and/or Camcorders (other than Monday to Wednesday for personal non-commercial photographic use only and without their cases)
- No Bags larger than 8”W X 8”H X 8”D in their natural state
- No Cases and/or Covers (such as chair or umbrella covers)
- No Signs, Posters and/or Banners
- No Televisions and/or Radios unless provided by the USGA
- No Food and/or Beverages
- No Containers and/or Coolers
- No Pets (other than service animals)
- No Lawn and/or Folding Armchairs
- No Bicycles
- No Ladders and/or Step-Stools or other similar items
- No Metal-spiked Golf Shoes
- No Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to, firearms or knives)
- No other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USGA and/or Championship
Security Personnel, in their sole discretion
- New York City: 718-217-LIRR (5477)
- Nassau County: 516-822-LIRR (5477)
- Suffolk County: 631-231-LIRR (5477)
- People with Impaired Hearing: 718-558-3022
New York City Hotel & Visitors Information: 212-840-8686; NY Guest 212-302-4019
- Google Translate