Buy a Mobile LIRR Ticket to The Barclays PGA TOUR through CooCoo and You Could Win an iPad!
The LIRR & our promotional partners are teaming up to bring you the 2012 LIRR Barclays online sweepstakes -- giving you a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- First Prize: (1) Apple iPad (current generation) courtesy of CooCoo
- Second Prize: (5) Prizes consisting of (1) pair of tickets to the The Barclays (event date: Sunday - August 26) courtesy of The Barclays
- Third Prize: (2) Prizes consisting of (1) pair of tickets to Spiderman on Broadway
*LIRR Mobile Tickets for The Barclays PGA TOUR can be purchased in advance and printed at home or downloaded on a smartphone through CooCoo. Navigate to CooCoo.com/lirrtickets for details.
**If you have already purchased your mobile online tickets via CooCoo – you will automatically be entered into this drawing. The sweepstakes entry form is also available at here. See here for for full contest rules.
*Farmingdale station only. Farmingdale is the LIRR station for service to The Barclays.
**Entries must be received by August 15.
Buy Your LIRR Tickets Online for The Barclays at Bethpage Black
For the first time, LIRR customers will be able to buy their train tickets to The Barclays online and print them using a home/office printer or by downloading the ticket image on a smartphone. This mobile ticketing program is sponsored by CooCoo. Here’s a quick primer on purchasing train tickets online for this event:
- Navigate to CooCoo.com/lirrtickets on your desktop or mobile device
- Select departure station
- Choose fare type and number of tickets
- Enter e-mail address and credit card information on secure website
- Tickets containing a scannable bar code will be delivered to your e-mail address
- Print out the tickets or display them on your smartphone.
LIRR tickets to The Barclays will be checked as customers arrive at the Farmingdale Station and again when customers depart. It’s as easy as that. Enjoy!
LIRR is the Best Way to Reach The Barclays Golf Tournament
The Long Island Rail Road is your best way “to drive” to The Barclays golf tournament without slicing on your way to the greens at Bethpage Black. Frequent LIRR service to and from the popular tournament begins with the practice rounds on August 21 & 22 and continues through the tourney on August 23-26. There will be half-hourly mid-day train service to/from the LIRR Farmingdale Station from August 23 through August 26, where customers will board PGA-sponsored shuttle buses for transportation to and from the Bethpage Black golf course. Be sure to pick up the special golf tournament timetable available at Main Line stations and at LIRR terminals.
Tournament Spectator Travel Tips:
- Farmingdale is the LIRR station for service to The Barclays. Customers will pass through security and board buses for the short ride to Bethpage State Park.
- Purchase round-trip tickets at LIRR ticket machines or at staffed LIRR ticket windows before boarding; trains tickets cost more on board.
- LIRR Mobile Tickets can be purchased in advance and printed at home or downloaded on a smartphone through CooCoo. Navigate to CooCoo.com/lirrtickets for details.
- No bicycles will be permitted on Ronkonkoma Branch trains during the week of The Barclays.
- Do not drive to Farmingdale Station - NO parking is available.
- Listen for announcements regarding track and platform changes.
- On your return trip, please allow adequate time to walk to the shuttle bus stop for the trip to Farmingdale Station. Tickets will be collected before boarding.
- Trains will leave promptly at scheduled departure times.
- More info: visit www.thebarclaysgolf.com
PGA’s Mobile Device/Cell Phone Policy at Bethpage State Park
Cell phones permitted with the following restrictions:
- Please silence your mobile device
- Calls only permitted in designated areas (concessions and restroom areas). Look for signage depicting “cell phone zones”
- No video recording permitted at any time
- No photographs permitted after Wednesday
- Be respectful of play when players are in position to compete.
Violations will result in confiscation of your mobile device by the PGA or removal from the tournament.
Shhh! "Secret" NYC Getaway
The LIRR has a new top-secret NY City Getaway, but we’ve been authorized to let you in on this confidential matter. It’s called “Spy: The Exhibit, The Secret World of Espionage.” Here’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to step inside the real world of intelligence. Forget what you think you know about spies from best-selling novels and the movies. This interactive new exhibit at Discovery Times Square takes you behind the fictional Hollywood drama and reveals the fascinating truth behind the scenes.
Encounter real stories and actual spy gadgets on display for the first time ever. Experience what it’s like to be a spy firsthand by creating your own disguises, altering your voice and dodging laser beams. The LIRR’s “Discovery Times Square Package” ticket provides up to 46% savings.
LIRR’s Origin & Destination Survey - We Need Your Help to Improve Service
Starting in September 2012, the MTA and LIRR will embark on an important new research survey to learn more about our customers, the way they travel, and how they use the LIRR system. This research program is designed to help us improve LIRR service for many years to come.
This information will help us tailor service to better meet customers’ needs. It will also allow us to maintain our eligibility to receive federal funding for system-wide improvements. During the span of this important survey, it is likely that you will see personnel on board trains distributing surveys and conducting passenger counts. We ask that you please take a few minutes to complete a survey – whether you are a frequent customer or an occasional customer, we want to hear from you. Unlike other surveys, we request that you fill out a survey every time you are on a train being surveyed.
We want to know about all your trips,whenever you take them. Any information you provide will be very useful to us, and will be kept strictly confidential. The survey can either be handed back to survey personnel on board the train, mailed back postage-free, or completed online (using the password printed on the survey given to you). To show our appreciation, a random drawing will be held every two months for a chance to win a $250 cash prize! Thanks for your time and cooperation – we appreciate it!
New Sunday Afternoon Train from the Hamptons
The LIRR recently added a new westbound Montauk Branch train on summer Sunday afternoons to help meet growing customer demand for return service from the Hamptons. The new train departs from Amagansett at 2:55 PM, making all local stops through Speonk, then operates express to Jamaica for connecting service to all points west. After leaving Amagansett at 2:55 PM, the train stops in East Hampton at 3:00 PM, Bridgehampton at 3:09 PM, Southampton at 3:19 PM, Hampton Bays at 3:29 PM, Westhampton at 3:38 PM, and Speonk at 3:45 PM.
The lineup of westbound trains now includes the 6:41 AM train from Montauk, the 1:23 PM from Montauk, the 2:55 PM from Amagansett, the 3:33 PM from Montauk, the 4:33 PM from Bridgehampton, the 5:32 PM from Montauk, the 6:35 PM from Montauk, the 7:33 PM from Montauk and the 8:34 from Montauk. The added train began operation on July 29 and has been running every Sunday since then. It will run again on Sundays, August 19 and 26, as well as on Labor Day, Monday, September 3.
To help maximize seating on the new train –and ALL other trains - the LIRR asks customers to store luggage in overhead racks and keep feet off the seats. Customers are also reminded to keep train aisles and exits clear.
Overall OTP for July was 93.29%.
- Google Translate