Montauk Branch Customers:
As a result of a timetable error, several westbound Montauk Branch trains that were scheduled to operate on Saturday, the July 4th Independence Day holiday, did not run as intended. The following five trains were listed in the LIRR’s published timetables as well as on the “Schedules & Fares” section of the LIRR’s web site and available through our Travel Information Center:
- The 1:23 PM train from Montauk to Jamaica (arriving 4:10 PM)
- The 4:27 PM train from Patchogue to Babylon (arriving 4:57 PM)
- The 4:33 PM train from Bridgehampton to Jamaica (arriving 6:38 PM)
- The 6:37 PM train from Montauk to Jamaica (arriving 9:10 PM)
- The 8:36 PM train from Montauk to Jamaica (arriving 11:10 PM)
The error became apparent through customer inquiries received in the early afternoon that day and we arranged substitute bus service for three of the scheduled trains - the 4:33 PM train from Bridgehampton, the 4:27 PM from Patchogue and the 6:37 PM from Montauk. The 8:36 PM train operated as scheduled. Unfortunately, customers for the 1:23 PM train from Montauk had to wait over two hours for the regularly scheduled 3:35 PM train from Montauk.
We regret the delay and inconvenience that this error caused and we are re-doubling our checks and balances to help ensure that this type of schedule problem does not happen again. Please be assured that the service scheduled to operate this Saturday on the Montauk Branch will operate as intended.
- Google Translate