Extra Service for St. Patrick's Day Parade Monday, March 17
Alcoholic Beverages Not Permitted At Stations, Platforms or Trains
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will operate extra service to and from Penn Station for those traveling to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade by train on Monday, March 17. Fourteen extra trains, six westbound in the morning and eight eastbound in the afternoon, will be operated to supplement the regular schedule. The extra service includes:
Westbound to Penn Station
- 8:41 AM from Freeport making all stops through Lynbrook, Jamaica, then Penn Station.
- 9:23 AM and 9:55 AM from Wantagh making all stops through Rockville Centre, Jamaica, then Penn Station.
Port Jefferson Branch
- 9:00 AM from Hicksville, making stops at Westbury, Mineola, Merillon Avenue, New Hyde Park, Jamaica then Penn Station.
- 9:56 AM from Huntington, making stops at Hicksville, then Jamaica, change at Jamaica for a train to Penn Station.
- 9:23 AM from Farmingdale, making stops at Bethpage, Hicksville, Mineola, Jamaica then Penn Station.
Eastbound to Penn Station
- 2:22 PM express to Lynbrook, then Rockville Centre and all stops to Babylon.
- 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
- 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
Port Jefferson Branch
- 2:09 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place, then all stops to Huntington.
- 2:25 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
- 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch
- 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck.
Reminder: In an effort to maintain orderly travel for our customers attending the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, alcoholic beverages will not be permitted on LIRR trains, platforms and stations on Monday, March 17, continuing through 4 AM, March 18. Any alcoholic beverages observed or found at these LIRR facilities will be confiscated by MTA Police. The MTA Long Island Rail Road will not sell alcoholic beverages on Monday, March 17, St. Patrick’s Day.For further travel information customers may contact the LIRR’s 24-hour Travel Information Center in Suffolk County at 631-231-LIRR, in Nassau County at 516-822-LIRR or in New York City at 718-217-LIRR. The Travel Information Center’s TDD telephone number for the hearing impaired is 718-558-3022.
- Google Translate