Extra Service August 29 Start of Labor Day Weekend
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will be providing additional service for customers getting an early start on the Labor Day Weekend this Friday, August 29. There will be eight additional eastbound trains from Penn Station between 1:47 PM and 3:48 PM. The extra service will include: three trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, one on the Port Washington Branch and one on the Far Rockaway Branch.
*See special note below on Montauk Branch service for Sunday and Monday.
The extra trains from Penn Station on Friday, August 29 are as follows:
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington
- 1:47 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place and all stops to Huntington
- 2:25 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
- 3:18 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
- 2:22 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
- 2:58 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
- 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck
- 3:40 PM stopping Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch
- 3:48 PM stopping at Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
Cars will also be added to selected regularly scheduled trains.
Labor Day, Monday, September 1
On Monday, September 1, the LIRR will operate on a weekend schedule.
*SPECIAL NOTE: The following three westbound Montauk Branch trains will operate both this Sunday (August 31) and Monday (September 1). Because of an error in the printed LIRR timetables, these trains are listed as operating only on Sunday.
- 1:25 PM train from Montauk making all stops to Patchogue then Jamaica (4:31 PM), arrive NY (5:01 PM) will operate on both Sunday (August 31) and Monday (September 1)
- 6:37 PM train from Montauk making stops at Amagansett, East Hampton, Bridgehampton, Southampton and Westhampton, then Jamaica (9:31 PM), arrive NY (10:01 PM) will operate on both Sunday (August 31) and Monday (September 1)
- 8:40 PM train from Montauk making all stops to Westhampton, then Jamaica (11:31 PM), arrive NY (12:01 AM) will operate on both Sunday (August 31) and Monday (September 1)
For additional information, customers can contact the LIRR’s 24-hour Travel Information Center in Suffolk County at 631-231-LIRR, in Nassau County at 516-822-LIRR, or in New York City at 718-217-LIRR. The Travel Information Center’s TDD telephone number for the hearing impaired is 718-558-3022.
- Google Translate