How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that this office receives your resume by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Please make sure to submit asking salary with your resume. Please add this information in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
5 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th fl.
New York, New York 10004
Email Address: Apply@mtabt.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||May 11, 2012|
|Job Title:||Scheduling Administrator|
|Work Location:||Randall’s Island|
Earnings Potential :
|(Actual salary offers are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate's salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Researches, develops and implements works schedules for Operations personnel. Ensures the efficient operation of the bridges and tunnels by maintaining continuous technical support of the Authority’s Roll Call system, a computerized resource used daily by all facilities in the assignment and deployment of Operation’s personnel. Troubleshoots system conflicts and acts as a liaison between the Technology Department and the facilities. This position is responsible for insuring that all “Roll Call” users are properly trained and remain proficient in its use. The Scheduling Administrator recommends and/or proposes technology modifications to work schedule systems and/or work rule changes and recommends improvements to programs. Maintain a database on Probationary Work Performance Reports, Firearms Reports, Temporary BTO Justifications and other reports as needed.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in business administration, finance, accounting, logistics, technology, public administration or closely related field and five years of full-time satisfactory experience in planning, logistics, scheduling and deployment of operating personnel, two years of which must have been in an administrative managerial, executive or supervisory capacity; or
- A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and seven years of experience as described in “1” above; two year of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory capacity; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2” above. An accredited master’s degree in one of the disciplines described in “1” above may be substituted for one year of the required experience. However, all candidates must have the two years of the administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in “1” above.
Specialized Knowledge Preferred:
- Specialized knowledge in researching, developing and implementing employee work schedules.
- Knowledge and understanding of a Roll Call/Scheduling system.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements relating to Bridge and Tunnel Officers, Sergeants and Lieutenants.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.0 and Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Google Translate