To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||June 28, 2013|
|Job Title:||Manager, Civil Engineering|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction, Executive Staff|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Provide engineering leadership to a staff of in-house technical professionals, utilizing in-house and consultant resources in designing and
upgrading the Authority’s facilities, ensuring public safety and efficient allocation of the Authority’s engineering and construction
resources. Ensure that all project designs are: designed to the highest level of professionalism, code compliant, constructible, meet
design goals in accordance with acceptable civil engineering standards, and are designed with minimum impact to the public while
maintaining the revenue flow. Responsibilities include project management, field inspection, engineering design, developing civil
engineering design standards and design guidelines, construction support activities and ensuring that in-house and consultant designs
address pertinent environmental regulations in accordance with local, state and federal agencies’ requirements. This position will also
manage the Authority’s One Call Notification Program for construction excavation on B&T property and address highway engineering
issues in conjunction with the traffic unit.
Specialized Knowledge Preferred:
- A Masters Degree in engineering or related field is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply this knowledge to complex and diverse capital and major maintenance programs.
- Detailed knowledge of building laws and codes and regulatory agency requirements.
- Strong knowledge of construction and project management.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in engineering and minimum of fifteen years relevant engineering experience, including at least five years in a managerial capacity.
- New York State PE license required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Google Translate