How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Make sure to include current salary and asking salary with your resume
3 - Ensure that this office receives your resume by the Due Date provided below.
4 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
5 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th fl.
New York, New York 10004
or fax to 646-252-7949 or
Email Address: Apply@mtabt.org
|Resume Due Date:||11/02/2012|
|Job Title:||Operating Budget Analyst|
|Department/Division:||Planning and Budget/CFO|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway, New York, NY|
Salary up to:
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
The position is responsible for assisting in the development, administration and oversight of the agency's operating budget. Key activities include working with departmental budget heads and liaisons on developing their operating and programmatic budgets; coordinating the preparation and delivery of all agency budget submissions to headquarters; assessing the appropriateness and funding availability for departmental expense requisitions; contributing to and coordinating the writing of several top level budget narratives including the year-end report, preliminary and final financial plan submissions to the Board, and others as requested; tracking and analyzing expenses for operating budget development, monthly reporting, and ad hoc projects such as Operating Budget Impacts and Net Present Value (NPV) analyses.
- Strong MS Excel, Word and writing skills are required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles required.
- Ability to effectively communicate across diverse occupational groups, both verbally and in written correspondence, is essential.
- Experience using Hyperion/Essbase is desired.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A master’s degree from an accredited college in public administration, economics, finance, business administration, or statistics, and three years of satisfactory full-time professional budget experience working with the budget of a large public or private concern in budget administration, economic or financial administration, or fiscal or economic research; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and five years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in a combination of any of the areas described in “1” above.
- Google Translate