How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Please make sure to submit asking salary with your resume.
3 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below
4 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
5 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||2/20/2013|
|Job Title:||Supervisory Engineer, Mechanical|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction/ Program Support Services|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway, New York|
Min $ 71,709
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Provides oversight of the mechanical engineering work performed by consultants to ensure that it is properly designed, in accordance with code and recommended technical standards. Ensures that the final design documents are correct, accurate and of the highest quality to allow for proper bidding and construction. Performs in-house design and provides review of submittals, shop drawings, and technical support during construction. Responsibilities may include design management, site surveys, calculations and analysis of existing mechanical systems and equipment supporting plant and equipment requirements of B&T’s nine facilities and preparation of complete mechanical design and specification packages. Oversees design work performed by in-house staff.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with twelve years relevant experience, five years of which is in a management capacity, with knowledge of engineering design, practices and principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical engineering principles including extensive knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression systems and ability to troubleshoot systems.
- Detailed knowledge of building laws and codes; strong knowledge of methods of construction and local and nationally recognized safety codes, (NYS Energy Conservation, Fire Fuel and Gas, Mechanical, Plumbing, Building and Existing Building Codes, OSHA, ADA, EPA, NFPA, AASHTO and NYS DOT Standards).
- High level of technical skills to result in proper and effective designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface effectively with consultants, contractors and all levels of Authority staff.
- Ability to manage numerous and diverse projects so that critical time constraints are met.
- Ability to respond to urgent needs and field emergencies.
- Computer literate in various software including Microsoft Office and CADD (Micro Station).
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with five years of relevant experience
- New York State PE license
- Valid driver’s license
- Google Translate