To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||7/26/2013|
|Job Title:||Manager, Mechanical Engineer|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction/ Program Support Services|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
Provide engineering leadership to a staff of in-house technical professionals, utilizing in-house and consultant resources in designing and upgrading the Authority’s facilities, ensuring public safety and efficient allocation of the Authority’s engineering and construction resources. Ensure that all project designs are: designed to the highest level of professionalism, code compliant, constructible, meet design goals in accordance with acceptable mechanical engineering standards, and are designed with minimum impact to the public while maintaining the revenue flow. Responsibilities include project management, field inspection, engineering design, developing mechanical engineering design standards and design guidelines, construction support activities and ensuring that in-house and consultant designs address pertinent environmental regulations in accordance with local, state and federal agencies’ requirements. This position also directs systems trouble-shooting as well as construction support services for complex mechanical systems and equipment supporting plant and equipment requirements of B&T’s nine facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in engineering and minimum of fifteen years relevant engineering experience, including at least five years in a managerial capacity.
- New York State PE license required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Valid driver’s license is required
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A Masters Degree in engineering, or related field is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply this knowledge to complex and diverse capital and major maintenance programs.
- Detailed knowledge of building laws and codes and regulatory agency requirements.
- Strong knowledge of construction and project management.
- Google Translate