How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Please make sure to submit asking salary with your resume.
3 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below
4 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
5 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||2/25/2013|
|Job Title:||Director, Program Management|
|Department/Division:||Engineering & Construction|
Min $ 98,350
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
|Overtime Eligibility:||Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA|
The Director, Program Management is responsible for the management of multiple facilities, programs or special initiatives as well as the strategic planning and execution of the Capital and Operating Program associated with such facilities and/ or initiatives. Special programs may include one or more Authority-wide initiatives such as All Electronic Tolling, the Small Business Mentoring Program, Hurricane Sandy Mitigation and Restoration Program, real estate initiatives and others. Beyond ensuring that the established Capital, Operating and special Program goals are met, the Director will be instrumental in furthering both short and long term strategic objectives and regional transportation improvements of B&T’s including strategic thinking and planning to achieve the Authorities long-term goals associated with rehabilitation, modernization, restoration, preservation and traffic operational improvements of facilities among others. The Director Program Management will represent the authority at high levels with senior executives within MTA as well as outside agencies including a variety of federal, state and local agencies in order to advance the Authority’s goals so that they are coordinated with third parties and stake holders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field with 15 years relevant experience, ten years of which is in a management capacity, with knowledge of design development and construction management practices and principles.
- New York State PE license is required.
- Master’s Degree in related field is desirable.
- Diverse knowledge and experience at multiple B&T facilities with a strong back ground in bridge and/or tunnel rehabilitation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the cabability of representing the Authority at high levels and interfacing with senior executives of outside agencies and stake holders
- Ability to manage numerous and diverse programs and initiatives to support E&C and Authority goals.
- Ability to respond to urgent operating needs and field emergencies and to direct an efficient response to such emergencies with minimal direction by others.
- Ability to transform the goals of the E&C Department into specific projects, master plans and initiatives in a well considered strategy.
- Strategic development, planning and execution skills.
Minimum Qualification requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with 15 years of relevant experience
- New York State PE license
- Valid driver’s license in the State of New York
- Demonstration of experience with successful management and implementation of capital, operating or other major programs at multiple facilities.
- Google Translate