How to Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, follow these easy steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Please make sure to submit asking salary with your resume
3 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
4 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
5 - Send your resume to this address
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Employment Services - Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24th Fl.
New York, New York 10004
E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org (E-mail Preferred)
|Resume Due Date:||July 12, 2012|
Sr. Cost Engineering Specialist
Engineering and Construction
|Work Location:||2 Broadway, New York, NY|
Earnings Potential :
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA
The position requires the Senior Cost Engineering Specialist to prepare and validate cost estimates, and analyze bids and proposals received from contractors or consultants for construction, design services, inspection services and construction management services. Other duties include but not limited to: estimate change orders, estimate errors & omissions cost impacts, and attend bid qualification hearings on behalf of the Manager of Cost Estimating to help expedite the final contract negotiations. Additionally, in the course of performing duties, Specialist will be expected to supervise one or two cost engineering specialists in a team effort towards the successful completion of the more complex major projects the Estimating Group is required to develop.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in engineering, architecture, landscape architecture and five years of full-time satisfactory experience in the planning, administering or expediting of engineering design, and/or construction, or coordinating a very large engineering project, two years of which must have been in an administrative managerial, executive or supervisory capacity; or
- A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and nine years of experience as described in “1” above; two year of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory capacity; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2” above. An accredited master’s degree in one of the disciplines described in “1” above, a law degree, or a valid New York State License as a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect or Landscape Architect may be substituted for one year of the required experience. However, all candidates must have the two years of the administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in “1” above.
Specialized Knowledge Preferred:
- 15 years of cost estimating and cost engineering experience with particular emphasis on the NYC area construction costs, NYC labor rates and labor productivity.
- Estimating experience with heavy highway construction, including bridge and tunnel projects.
- Personal computer skills in applications such as but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets and database programs.
- Diver’s license valid in NY State
- Google Translate