To be considered for this vacancy, follow these steps:
1 - Place the Control Code found below in the upper right hand corner of your resume.
2 - Ensure that your resume is received by this office by the Due Date provided below.
3 - Make sure that your resume includes a chronological work history.
4 - Send your resume to this address:
MTA Bridges and Tunnels
Resume Review Section
2 Broadway, 24nd fl.
New York, New York 10004
or fax to 646-252-7905 or E-Mail To: Apply@MTABT.org
|Resume Due Date:||7/5/2013|
|Job Title:||Applications Engineer|
|Department/Division:||Engineering and Construction/ Program Support Services|
|Work Location:||2 Broadway|
|(Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)|
The Applications Engineer must integrate complex system technologies in capital and operating program environments to obtain both technical and non-technical user acceptance, in light of rapidly changing technology. Large scale implementation of new technology requires staff to “champion” its usage and this individual must possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as knowledge of multi-discipline work flows, and operational requirements of B&T’s facilities. The Applications Engineeris responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of engineering information systems supporting inter-disciplinary design work flows, heavy vehicle permit processes, Department of E&C’s design and construction document control, storage and retrieval, project status reporting, maintenance field surveys and adoption of new technology for B&T’s Capital and Enhanced Maintenance Programs (EMP).
Specialized Knowledge Preferred/Required:
- PC proficiency with experience in Microsoft Office applications, with strong experience in Access.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MicroStation, PlotStation, SharePoint, ProjectWise, operating systems, project management systems, networks, encryptions, digital scanning and relational databases.
- High level of technical skills required to resolve complex system problems and to challenge technical results of consultants as well as analytical and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills required to effectively conduct technical training classes and interact with diverse user departments and consultants.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Architecture and at least 5 years of specialized experience in data management systems, database development and computer applications.
- A Master's degree is preferred, and may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- A valid Driver's License.
- must have the two years of the administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in “1” above.
- Google Translate