MTA Drive Time™ App
Want to know how traffic is moving at MTA crossings or how long it will take to reach a connecting highway? The information is just a tap away with Bridges and Tunnels' new, MTA Drive Time™ app.
The agency's popular Travel Time website tool, which shows motorists how traffic is moving at the agency's seven bridges and two tunnels, was developed into a free app for iPhones and Android.
- To download MTA Drive Time™ for iPhone click here.
- To download MTA Drive Time™ for Android devices click here.
The MTA Drive Time™ app joins a suite of MTA apps including Subway Time, Train Time and Bus Time. It is also available for free download at the Apple app store and the Android version for free at Google Play.
With just a tap, smartphone and tablet users will be able to see real-time travel information for any of the agency's crossings. This information is meant to help drivers "know before they go" and should never be used while driving.
The free app, which is the first developed by MTA Bridges and Tunnels, was launched in May 2012. Travel times are gathered using data collected from E-ZPass transponders. All data is scrambled and encrypted so the account remains anonymous and the information is only used to estimate travel time. The data is updated every 5 minutes.
Key features include:
- Travel time by facility: Click on a facility to get travel time.
- Further Destinations: Click on a facility to get further destinations travel time to and from that facility to nearby popular destinations such as another bridge or airport.
- Google maps: iPhone or iPad users select a facility and choose 'More.' A menu listing available popular destinations will appear. You can select from multiple suggested routes and click driving directions to see a detailed map area.
- Google Translate